Oh, I do grow tired of the word “evolutionist.” It’s the kind of word only a creationist would invent. The creationist / evolutionist dichotomy was designed at every stage to imply that the two ideas are exactly the same thing, implying the same level of slavish devotion to a doctrine and the same level of prima facie plausibility for both. It’s one of the movement’s most obvious calling cards, and one that makes its adherents trivial to recognize.
With that in mind, the recent much-ballyhooed
performance piece between Ken Ham and Bill Nye provided the Internet with a variety of new bits of creationism-related entertainment
. One of the better bits of comedy to come from this event, besides the glistening fury of Ken Ham’s bat-strokes against the pulverized flank steak that used to be his dead horse, is this BuzzFeed list
of questions posed by smug-faced creationists to their sensible brethren. I’ve provided it here in text with the spelling and grammar corrected.
1. Bill Nye, are you influencing the minds of children in a positive way?
2. Are you scared of a divine creator?
3. Is it completely illogical that the earth was created mature? i.e., trees created with rings…Adam created as an adult…
4. Does not the second law of thermodynamics disprove evolution?
5. How do you explain a sunset if there is no god?
6. If the Big Bang theory is true and taught as science along with evolution, why do the laws of thermodynamics debunk said theories?
7. What about noetics?
8. Where do you derive objectivemeaning in life?
9. If God did not create everything, how did the first single-celled organism originate? By chance?
10. I believe in the Big Bang Theory. God said it and BANG it happened!
11. Why do evolutionists/secularists/humanists/non-God-believing people reject the idea of there being a creator God but embrace the concept of intelligent design from aliens or other extraterrestrial sources?
12. There is no in between…the only one found has been Lucy and there are only a few pieces of the hundreds necessary for an “official proof.”
13. Does metamorphosis help support evolution?
14. If evolution is a theory (like creationism or the Bible) why then is evolution taught as fact?
15. Because science by definition is a “theory”—not testable, observable, nor repeatable” why do you object to creationism or intelligent design being taught in school?
16. What mechanism has science discovered that evidences an increase in genetic information seen in any genetic mutation or evolutionary process?
17. What purpose do you think you are here for if you do not believe in salvation?
18. Why have we found only one “Lucy” when we have found more than one of everything else?
19. Can you believe in “the big bang” without “faith”?
20. How can you look at the world and not believe that someone created / thought of it? It’s AMAZING!!!
21. Relating to the big bang theory…where did the exploding star come from?
22. If we came from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?
As you can see, we have the classics here handily covered, along with some dishonest argumentation and a few reruns from my last visit to a list of creationist false controversies.
Continue reading “Messages from Creationists to Evolutionists Answered”