“General, if it’s alright with you, Minuteman Long and I will bunker down in Tenpines Bluff for the night. That way we can let them know The Minutemen are finally back.”
His words barely even register. Nick and I have been talking for hours while the two men from Sanctuary have been inside picking for parts. While the two of us have been counting days. Even though I promised myself I wouldn’t.
I give Preston a weak salute and he seems pleased. Jun is looking at his feet, rifle clicking away in his hands once again. Preston takes him under his own arm and gently guides him. In the still air of a fresh kill, I can hear Jun’s quiet whispers to himself
“I did it just like I said I would I promised him I promised him I would make myself useful I promised him not to be sad I promised we would get there I promised…”
In my backpack are military-grade circuit boards, a Biometric Scanner, and a Sensor Module. The last three things we need to Find Shawn.
Which brings us to The List. The mutated fruits of our efforts to make sense out of nonsense. I read it over and over from my Pip-Boy, only half paying attention to the road while Nick leads the way back to Sanctuary.
- The Day The Bombs Fell — October 23, 2077.
- The Day I Woke Up. Saved Sanctuary Settlers. — October 23, 2287
- The Day I Met Nick. — October 27, 2287
- The Day I Killed Kellogg. — October 29, 2287
- The Day My Brain Got Fucked — November 5, 2287
RELIABLE BUT NOT REMEMBERED
- I return to Sanctuary for the Power Armor. While helping the settlers search empty houses I opened Mr. Jahani’s root cellar and was attacked by ghouls. My former neighbors. Reportedly I fled the scene as soon as they were dead wearing the power armor in exchange for my vault suit. — November 24, 2287
- Children of Atom from the Glowing Sea report meeting someone in Power Armor looking for a scientist. Presumably this is also the day I met Virgil. — November 28, 2287
- Nick finds my barely conscious body on the edge of the Glowing Sea. He says when we woke up from the Brain Fuck I didn’t trust him and went off by myself. Sounds plausible. — November 30, 2287
- We arrive in Diamond City. Doc Crocker does what he can. — December 2, 2287
REMEMBERED BY NOT RELIABLE
- The Day I Killed The Courser — December 10, 2287
- We arrive in Goodneighbor — December 11, 2287
- We find The Railroad — December 13, 2287
- We arrive in Sanctuary — December 23, 2287
- I wake up in Sanctuary — December 27, 2287
I can’t believe I slept through fucking Christmas.
Tomorrow we’re going to finish the teleporter.
Tomorrow I infiltrate The Institute.
Tomorrow I Find Shawn.