Let’s keep this simple.
- Slurs will get you banned. Racism, ableism, classism, homophobia, transphobia, misogyny, and xenophobia will get you banned. If I think you’re genuine or I’m in a particularly good mood, I might disemvowel your comment and give you a single chance. Or I might not. This is my space, I can be as arbitrary as I like. Get your own blog and post about how hurt your fee-fees are there.
- On the other hand, calling me out on my own privilege or asshattery is welcome. Discussion is welcome. Dissenting opinions are welcome. Cursing, swearing, and general pottymouthery are absolutely welcome. Have at it.
- Unless otherwise stated (for example, making an anonymous comment for a specific reason and stating as such), pick an identity here and stick to it. Sockpuppetry will have you hurtling headfirst towards the bin faster than you can say “concussion”.
Got it? Excellent.
Reblogging and Quoting
Quoting from and reblogging my articles is fine- welcome, even- under a couple of simple conditions.
- Let me know about it. Comment, pingback, tweet to me, message me on Facebook. Let me know you’re using my work.
- Attribute. I’m not terribly fussy about exact attribution format- Harvard referencing will make me smile, but this ain’t your PhD. Just say that I wrote it and link back to the original.
- Don’t copy entire posts to your blog. Just.. don’t, k?