There’s nothing that scares some people more than the spectre of trans women in the ladies’ room. Queueing to pee. Peeing. Pooping, even. Washing their hands. Existing while having bodies.
Scary as being in a room with other women who need to pee is, I’ve got a few things that terrify me more.
1. Having to poop in a public toilet.
Where people could come in any moment. And know. That I poop.
This includes a lot. I am very short indeed.
3. Getting home to find the dog has pooped on the stairs.
4. Coriander in my food when I asked for it without.
To eat it anyway? Pick it off? Ask the waiter to take it back?
5. My cat’s inevitable mortality.
Yes, even bumblebees.
7. Bees dying.
WHY ARE WE ALL NOT FLIPPING TABLES OVER THIS?
8. That 70% of trans people have faced verbal violence when trying to use public bathrooms, and one out of ten have been physically attacked.
Even bloggers have to pay the bills! Monthly subscriptions- no matter how small- help give me the security to devote time to this place and keep a roof over my head. If you like what you read, please do help out: