Right so. First of all, massive TW on that link for sexual coercion.
Also, though: what?! What kind of world do people live in where “maybe” and “I am a lesbian and you are a dude and I am not attracted to you in the least” are answers that lead a person to think that sexytimes with this person are happening? What kind of world is it where someone hears those answers and keeps initiating sex with the person? I am lucky. I am really, really lucky because I just don’t get it.
I just don’t get the mindset where sex is something you do at someone as opposed to with them. I don’t get the mindset where you are so disconnected from the other person that you can have sex with them even if you have no idea if they want to be there or not. I don’t understand it. I can’t understand wanting to have sex with a person who doesn’t really obviously want to be there.
I’m at a loss here. A disgusted loss.
Related articles: pervocracy and yes means yes edition
- #401: I can’t tell whether my girlfriend wants to have sex with me. (Spoiler: She doesn’t!) (captainawkward.com)
- Models of Sex (pervocracy.blogspot.ie)
- The Myth of the Boner Werewolf (pervocracy.blogspot.ie)
- What is Rape Culture? (pervocracy.blogspot.ie)
- This is what rape culture looks like (yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com)
- Mythcommunication: It’s not that they don’t understand, they just don’t like the answer (yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com)
- The (nonexistent) Terrible, Horrible, No-good, Very Bad Consequences of Enthusiastic Consent (yesmeansyesblog.wordpress.com)