CN: Ableist Slur, Xenophobia,
Did you hear the one about the dumb Polack?
- He thought his wife was trying to kill him because he found Polish Remover.
- He tried to ask out a Lesbian by asking where in Lesbos she was from.
- When a plane crashed into a cemetery, he recovered over 4000 bodies.
- He locked his keys in the car and had to use a coat hanger to get his family out.
- He crashed his helicopter when he got too cold and turned off the fan.
I’ve been hearing them as long as I can remember. It seems whenever someone finds out I’m Polish I get to hear a new one, or another variation of an old one.
Why don’t they make Ice in Poland? They lost the recipe.
If it’s not jokes about cognitive disability, it’s jokes about alcoholism. When I was staying in France on exchange, my host family couldn’t help themselves but to mention the famous French expression “drunk as a Polack” as soon as they found out my heritage. My father comforted me by telling me that it originated from Napoleonic times, when Polish foot soldiers would drink before battle to take away inhibitions. It made them terrifying in battle he said.