Sometimes you think you’ve heard it all.
Police officers open fire on an unarmed Black couple after the driver tries to get out of the car and put his hands in the air, bc it doesn’t matter if you comply with orders or not, cops are going to shoot.
Emantic Bradford was shot in the back of the head, neck, and the lower back by a police officer who felt either there was imminent danger from someone running away from him or that all Black men look alike.
Willie McCoy was asleep in his vehicle in the parking lot of a California Taco Bell, and apparently he must have had some sort of mutant ability to resist a bullet or two, bc his body moved while he was sleeping and the cops unleashed a hail of bullets, killing him.
Black baby is severely injured (trigger warning for that link, bc there is a graphic image of the injured child) by a flash grenade after police officers perform a no-knock raid on a home before ensuring they knew who the fuck was in the home.
But then you hear IT. The new story of anti-Black racism from police that just smacks your gob and gasts your flabber:
- 24 year old Shaquille Dukes had been in the hospital for 2 days with pneumonia.
- cleared by his doctor to walk outside–but only on hospital property–Dukes (along with two companions) does just that, while still in his hospital gown and still attached to his IV
- for some bizarremustberacismreason, a security guard called Dukes and his friends over to his vehicle, which took them off hospital grounds
- which led to the security guard accusing Dukes of trying to steal his own IV and sell it on ebay, bc apparently used IV’s on ebay goes for biiiiiiiiiig bucks
- nevermind that Shaquille Dukes is still wearing his hospital gown at the time, so he probably doesn’t have his car keys and wallet with him
- shortly thereafter, police officers responded, removed his IV, and arrested Dukes who, without his rescue inhaler, fell unconscious
- though he wasn’t charged with attempted theft–which is a bizarre charge to put forth in the first place, given this situation–he was charged with disorderly conduct bc, well, I don’t have the foggiest clue. Maybe someone in the Freeport police department does
Schroeder told the Journal-Standard the public shouldn’t rush to judgment about what happened based on the videos.
We shouldn’t rush to judgement? Why? Do y’all need some time to make up a bogus story? Something like “the suspect tried to beat an officer to death with his IV, but our heroic officers resisted, and even showed restraint by not executing Dukes on the spot”? And all of that was mysteriously not recorded?
Oh wait, that can’t be it.
Police officers neeeeeeeeeeeeever lie about why they harass, detain, abuse, brutalize, or execute Black civilians. So there must be some extenuating circumstances that occurred that justify charging Shaquille Dukes with disorderly conduct! I bet it was something juicy!
“The issue here is that his actions were why he was arrested,” he said. “Had they been able to engage in a civil discourse with hospital security, we wouldn’t have been called at all.
He was discourteous (supposedly) to the security guard. Oh dear. This is either a case of Police Lt Racist McKKKface on some confiscated, high quality, mind altering to the point of out of body experience drugs or he is a secret MAGA hat wearing asshowl who believes POTUS45 is going to make this country great again by rolling the clock back to 1919. You know, back at a time when Black people could be arrested and thrown in jail for any real or imagined offense. Although come to think of it, it’s 2019, and many cops feel that Black people should be profiled, harassed, abused, and executed for real or imagined offenses both big and small.
How does that little jingle go?
Oh yeah, I hate cops.