Bags are packed, batteries charged, hotel and rental car booked – going adventuring! I’ve got a friend and colleague visiting, and he’s kindly provided the funds necessary to take us to not one, but two volcanoes. We’re starting with Mount Rainier, and then spending all day Tuesday at Mount St. Helens. I should have very many delicious photos for you soon, my loves.
Whilst I’m away, I figured I’d ask you a few good questions:
1. …. Gods damn it, now I can’t think of a good question.
2. Okay. Here’s one goodish one: Please tell me what subjects you’d like me to blog about. Are there things I haven’t been blogging about that you’d like to get my take on?
3. Do you want me to bring back the fun stuff like Mystery Flora and Saturday Song? Will you participate if I do? (You can participate on Facebook or G+, fyi. I won’t make you log in here at The Orbit if it’s bothersome.)
4. Would you like me to post more fiction, and posts about fiction?
5. Who wants to join my cheerleading squad? Only instead of pom poms you wield a cat o’ nine tails and another whip of your choice, and menace me with them when I need extra motivation. This will be a special and exclusive list. I’ll be calling upon you when I need that nice, energizing adrenaline rush that comes from being menaced by a carefully-chosen squad of motivators.
That should do it. I’ll try to get a post up from the road for ye, but if I don’t, I’ll see you back here Wednesday with many lots of grand adventuring photos. Also, if you’re ever in Seattle and wish to be taken personally to see our local volcanoes, let me know! We can most likely arrange something, weather permitting.