Thank you to Alannah, owner of Here Be Dragons, for my first ever blog award 🙂 She has bequeathed unto me the “You’re Going Places, Baby” award.
Per her site, the rules for passing on this chain letter, errr…award, are as follows:
1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass the award along to 5 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason!
4) Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
Thank you, Alannah, from Here Be Dragons. I’m glad that you enjoy reading my blog – I enjoy your visits and commenter participation!
Seven things about myself: I like comics, waterparks, kayaking, hiking, reading, watching movies, traveling to Italy. For more info, please refer to biodork blog.
Five bloggers I’ve recently discovered and who I think fantastic for whatever reason. Recently discovered? Hmmm… I’ve recently discovered several new blogs, but there are only two that I really would like to rave about right now.
1) MostlyGrocery – I have enjoyed the regular postings of PK Wynn describing his trials, tribulations and occasional triumphs as a grocery store clerk. His stories are always good for a laugh, a groan or a grumble.
2) A Flash of Inspiration – What happens when found art meets creativity, hangs out at storytelling and then runs headlong into a blog? Why, it’s Dennis Finocchiaro’s site, A Flash of Inspiration. Every day Dennis’s readers are treated to new prose or short (like, one-sentence) stories inspired by old photographs and other wisps of ephemera.
And while I’m on the topic of blog adverts, I’m also excited by a couple of blogs that I’ve only really, really recently started watching:
Feministe: This blog is made of up several contributors and claims to be “one of the oldest feminist blogs online designed by and run by women from the ground up.” Oops, I missed it. But I found it now!
Geek Feminism: I’m really, geekily excited by this one. This is another group of women writing together, and the topics look fabulous – science fiction, gaming, science and technology, politics and all things feminism.
So, that’s it. Thanks again, Alannah – and you guys check out the awesome blogs listed above. You know, because it’s summer and beautiful outside, and who’d want to be out doing active summer activities when you could spend more time inside staring at a computer screen?