Do you have your towel at hand? Today is both Nerd/Geek Day and Towel Day! So lay back and relax! Wrap yourself in your towel and sleep under the stars of Kakrafoon, or for those of your looking for a bit more adventure – engage in hand-to-hand combat with your towel or use it to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. Whatever you like, you big nerd – this is our day!
10 Nerdy/Geeky things I have done in the past 48 hours:
1. Yesterday I saved confused, lost caterpillars from the hot tennis court by scooping them up with a leaf and put them back on their trees. To be fair, we were at the tennis courts to play tennis, not just to save caterpillars.
2. Last night I caught myself singing “Oh Doggy Dog” to the sound of Shenandoah. To the dog. More than once.
3. The Hubby flies his pirate geek flag in Michael’s on Sunday:
4. I wrote a blog post about Geek/Nerd Day and Towel Day. And a facebook status update.
5. I staged this photo specifically for Towel Day. With my leather-esque bound omnibus of The HGTG.
6. I’m a gal who knows where her towel is.
7. I know that CONvergence is less than five weeks away. I either lose geek points for not having a costume in mind, or win points for being anxious about it.
8. This morning I whistled “Hi Ho, Hi Ho it’s off to work we go!” as I walked to my car *and* I didn’t get embarrassed when my neighbor caught me doing it.
9. I played Anatomy Quiz and checked out the NASA app on my iPod Touch this morning. Before 8am.
10. I changed all four of my desk calendars when I got to work this morning (Dilbert, Bunny Suicides, Sudoku, and Words of Wisdom for Women).
Fess up! What are you geeking out about lately?
May 27th, 2010 – Update.
One of my commenters let me know that saving tent caterpillars was perhaps not the most ecologically-smart thing I could be doing with my day. Then I read this: Thanks, MPR. Now my guilt is complete!