You are cordially invited to the Impurity Ball, a dance party and activities extravaganza, spoofing purity balls and celebrating sexual freedom.
You know those creepy Purity Balls, where teenage girls
lie pledge to stay virgins until marriage, and fathers are controlling creeps pledge to protect their daughters’ virginity? That’s what we’re mocking. In addition to dancing all night, the evening’s activities will include:
- Impurity Ring Ring-Toss. (Take a wild guess what we’ll be tossing the rings onto! Thanks to Vixen Creations!)
- Prom Photo Booth. Take the sexy prom pic you always wanted.
- Debaptisms. Were you pledged to a sexual purity cult against your will? Let our Humanist celebrant undo it!
- Impurity Supply Station. Need the devil beaten out of you (consensually, of course)? Want your own “purity rings” for your parts? Visit our Impurity Supply Station! Courtesy of Wicked Grounds.
- Ten-Minute Dating.. The ultimate ice-breaker!
- Potluck treats. Bring your favorites!
- Introvert’s Lounge. Enjoy parties, but need breaks from the noise and chaos? Visit our quiet VIP lounge for Very Introverted People!
- Dance music by DJ Victor Harris Jr.
The Ball will be on Saturday, August 5, from 7 to 10 pm, at the Center for Sex and Culture, 1349 Mission St. in San Francisco (near 9th Street and the Civic Center BART). Suggested donation $10-$30: no-one turned away for lack of funds. RSVP on Facebook or Meetup (RSVPs appreciated but not necessary). All proceeds to benefit the Center for Sex and Culture and Godless Perverts.
- Formal/ prom wear
- Sexy and/or fetish wear
- Sexy versions of formal wear
- Mocking or over-the-top versions of formal wear
- Festive, colorful, exuberant, or celebratory outfits
- Comfortable clothes that make you happy
Wear what will make you happy — just keep your junk covered. Some suggestions (admired but by no means required):
Hope to see you there!