IMPORTANT NOTE: This post has a different comment policy than my standard one. It’s at the end of the post. Please read it and respect it. Thanks.
But one of the key ideas from the beginning about Atheism Plus — or at least, about an Atheism Plus website — has been that it would contain a resource guide and library of information about social justice issues… especially as they intersect with atheism and skepticism.
I’ve taken this task on. Or at least, I’ve taken on the task of getting it started. And since I definitely don’t know everything there is to know about social justice, or even a fifth of everything there is to know about social justice, I thought I’d crowdsource a good chunk of it.
We are looking for:
* Lists of support and advocacy groups. (Example: Black Atheists of America.)
* Evidence-based research and data about social justice issues and marginalization. (Example: Psychological research about unconscious sexism.)
* Core writings (or videos, podcasts, whatever) with education about social justice issues. (Example: The Spoon Theory, on But You Don’t Look Sick)
* Probable subset of that: Core writings (or videos, podcasts, whatever) on privilege. (Example: The Male Privilege Checklist.)
* Core writings (or videos, podcasts, whatever) with practical how-to’s on diversity.
* Core writings about Atheism Plus itself: its inspiration, ideals, a FAQ, etc.
Any other categories that I’m missing?
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS: The comment policy for this post is different from my standard one. In this post, comments debating the general validity or value of Atheism Plus are not accepted. There are lots of other places to debate that, in this blog and elsewhere. This comment thread is for people who are already on board with Atheism Plus — or with its core values, regardless of whether they identify with the label or participate in the forum — and who want to share ideas about what should go in the library. Debates about the value or accuracy of particular items are okay (although if they start to derail or get unproductive, I may step in). But the focus of this comment thread is to pull this library together. Digressions from that topic will be firmly moderated: persistent digressors will be banned.
Thanks for understanding. Your time starts… now!