What’s it like to be a humanist, an atheist, a freethinker in outstate Minnesota? How do atheists find each other in a small town, where they risk exposure leading to the loss of friendships or even business if word gets out that they aren’t religious? On Sunday, July 27, Atheists Talk has invited Amy LaValle Hansmann from Brainerd and Ken Kressin from Cannon Falls. These two have taken the initiative to form groups for atheists to gather, to talk, to have fun and to provide mutual support in areas that can be less than supportive. We will talk about their struggles, their successes and a bit about what sorts of activities they have engaged in.
- Cannon Falls Freethinkers Meetup Group
- Letter to the Editor – Cannon Falls Beacon from Camp Quest of Minnesota
- Atheist Activism and Organizing in Small Town Minnesota
- Brainerd Area Atheists and Freethinkers
- Brainerd Area Atheists and Freethinkers Facebook page
- “Thoughts From a Small Town Atheist“
Listen to AM 950 KTNF this Sunday at 9 a.m. Central to hear Atheists Talk, produced by Minnesota Atheists. Stream live online. Call in to the studio at 952-946-6205, or send an e-mail to [email protected] during the live show. If you miss the live show, listen to the podcast later.