This was originally posted in 2009, when I first started talking about rape online despite having studied it in college, and when I first discovered what happens when you do talk about rape. The more things change, eh?
Gosh, apparently talking about rape is controversial, particularly when one doesn’t argue that only inhuman monsters rape. I haven’t been trolled this hard since talking about…huh, equal pay. Let me count the ways.
- Apparently, I was both bragging and claiming victimhood.
- Talking about a personal experience made the whole thread all about me, narcissist that I am.
- I got diminutivized.
- I was told what my point was.
- I set out on a slippery slope.
- Saying nasty things.
- And ended up a anti-male bigot.
- With no point.
- And then the name-calling started.
Interestingly enough, our troll declined to interact with Greg in any way, except to say, “Oh, I’ll be busy for the next few days. By the way, we have something in common. Nice to meet you,” when Greg put up citations. Charming little transparent creep.