Well, in the U.S. as a whole, it was the SCOTUS decision upholding the Affordable Care Act. Here, though, it is the debut of Secular Woman, “the first national membership organization dedicated exclusively to advancing the interests of atheist, humanist and other non-religious women.” This ambitious organization is the project of several experienced secular activists.
- They are collecting information on local groups of secular women to create a central list.
- They are collecting information on harassment policies to create a central list.
- They are collecting resources for making our voices heard on public policy.
- They are maintaining a speakers bureau to make it easier for events to find female speakers.
- They have created a fund to provide travel grants for conferences.
- They have set up a guest blog for those of us who don’t want to maintain our own but still want to be heard.
All in all, this looks like a very promising start. Consider joining up. Yes, guys. That means you too.
Or at least follow them on Twitter and decide whether you like what you see.