After four-plus years of blogging independently (and as part of a group blog), I’ve been thinking for a while that it was time to join a blog network. While I’ve been invited to join elsewhere, it probably won’t surprise you to find my new home is at Freethought Blogs. Even before the rumors of its existence were confirmed, it struck me as the best fit for this eclectic little blog. Luckily, Ed agreed.
I think you’ll find it’s a nice place to visit. The neighbors are great.
- We’ve got PZ at Pharyngula, of course.
- Ed takes one of the clearest stances I’ve seen on civil liberties at Dispatches From the Culture Wars.
- The Digital Cuttlefish is still mixing rhyme and reason at a prodigious rate.
- Comradde PhysioProffe is messing with the language (and an awful lot of rice).
- Chris Rodda is keeping on the case of the Dominionists at This Week in Christian Nationalism.
- Stephen “DarkSyde” Andrew stays on top of science and nonsense at The Zingularity.
- And Reasonable Doubts keeps you up to speed on their podcast.
But that’s just the original crew. We’re bringing in reinforcements.
- My boy Jason Thibeault will still be beer- and bacon-deficient at Lousy Canuck.
- Greg Laden will be starting a new project at The X Blog that I’m not allowed to talk about yet.
- Greta Christina will continue to talk about sex and atheism with unflinching (un)common sense.
- Ophelia Benson has moved Butterflies and Wheels to a much more browsing-friendly location.
- Assassin Actual is representing the atheists in foxholes.
- Hank Fox is bringing us the perspective of a Blue Collar Atheist.
- Daniel Fincke is practicing philosophy at Camels With Hammers.
- Deacon Duncan is countering religious apologetics at Alethian Worldview.
- And soon, Jen will be joining us with Blag Hag.
So please, update your feeds and your links to follow me to the new place, look around, get to meet my new neighbors if you haven’t already. I’ll introduce you over the next few weeks. They’re a pretty cool lot, and the neighborhood is only getting bigger.